EASME published their SME Instrument Report 2018 titled “Innovation Kitchen”. The SME Instrument has complemented the European innovation scene with
- 1.3 billion euro in funding
- during 4 years of the programme
- supporting 3200 SMEs
- providing 750 world class coaches
- plus, business acceleration services
Equity free funding
“The SME Instrument offers full-cycle business innovation support. Companies can apply for two distinct phases:
- Phase 1 offers a lump-sum of €50 000 to carry out a concept and feasibility assessment.
- Phase 2 invests between €0.5 and 2.5 million in innovation activities such as demonstra-tion, testing, prototyping, pilot lines, scale-up studies and market replication”.
World class coaching
The SME Instrument offers 3 to 12 days of free business innovation coaching with experienced entrepreneurs and investors.
Business acceleration services
The SME Instrument helps companies build partnerships with investors and potential clients by providing tailored matchmaking events with corporate and financial partners as well as international trade fairs. Companies are assisted to connect to a community of peers to exchange, learn and consolidate their network.
See more about the facts and figures from the report